CHAPTER − 5
Cylinder and beam specimens were used for the test program. The following works were performed for the investigation purpose:
1. Preparation of the specimen
2. Curing of the specimen
3. Capping of the specimen
4. Testing of the specimen
|Concrete Cylindrical Specimen Under|
1. At first, sand and coarse aggregate were screened by the sieves respectively.
2. Ingredients (cement, sand and coarse aggregate) were measured separately by weight according to required proportions.
3. The coarse aggregate were soaked thoroughly in water 24 hours before use.
4. Sand and cement were first mixed dry on a clean platform.
5. The coarse aggregate was then added and mixed thoroughly.
6. The mould and frame were oiled by lubricating oil before placing of concrete in the mould and frame.
7. The mixture was placed in the mould within an hour.
8. The concrete was compacted by tamping rod till the water appeared on the top and no coarse aggregate was then left uncovered by mortar.
9. After 24 hours the moulds were removed and the specimens were cured in water for 28 days to attain its proper strength.